Welcome to the New Zealand Institute of Healthcare Engineering
Healthcare engineering is the branch of engineering specialising in the management and delivery of technical services required in support of medical equipment, buildings and infrastructure used in the delivery of clinical services in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
Our objectives are:
- To promote interest in technical aspects of healthcare engineering to improve the quality of care experienced by patients of healthcare providers.
- To pool technical knowledge and experience and to disseminate this knowledge to others in the industry to improve healthcare in New Zealand
- To encourage, assist and educate members to improve their skills and qualifications.
- To participate in the development and promotion of quality and safety standards in all aspects of healthcare engineering.
- To promote management skills applicable in healthcare engineering management.